Healthy Families Oswego County
Healthy Families evidence-based home visiting program provides free services to pregnant and new parents.
Support services include:
- Connecting you with medical providers for prenatal/well-baby visits and immunizations.
- Providing information on prenatal care, parenting, infant and child development, and child health.
- Demonstrating activities for you to practice with your child to increase bonding and to stimulate cognitive and physical development.
- Assessing your child for developmental milestones and providing referrals for early intervention, if needed.
- Helping your family access community resources and services, such as job training, ESL classes, legal services, GED preparation classes, and health care.
- Providing opportunities for you and your family to attend social and educational events, which enable parents to establish connections with other parents of young children and share parenting experiences, successes, and challenges.
We strive to talk with all expectant parents and parents of newborns in the communities we serve. Our goal is to identify strengths and challenges, prenatally or at birth, and provide appropriate information and referrals to help babies get off to a healthy start. In-home support can change the lives of children and their families. Research shows that participants of the Healthy Families program have healthier babies, demonstrate better knowledge of parenting and child development, create positive family bonds, develop connections to community services, and have children who do better in school.
Anyone can make a referral to Healthy Families; you can even refer yourself!
For more information or to make a referral call 315-349-3547, e-mail HealthyFamilies@oswegocounty.com. Check out our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/HFOCHD/